Hattersworkshop is proud to announce the release of another website, http://www.BundlesAndInk.com/. We worked with BobCopy to create a minimalistic design experience where the emphasis was on the art and not the website. Using a combination of jQuery libraries and smooth css the images are always close at hand and appear in dramatic fashion.
Whether you’re a new employee or the vice president of the company, everyone wants to feel valued, even appreciated, in the workplace. Not only does it improve morale and make the workplace a more pleasant to be, but it also raises productivity in a number of different ways.
Employees who feel appreciated are more likely to:
- Show up on time or work late (for the good of the company)
- Put in extra time outside of work (research & self improvement)
- Be less stressed and thereby healthier missing fewer days due to illness
- Make the best decisions possible in the company’s best interest
- Overall improvement to productivity as employees will waste less time doing remedial tasks
Conversely, the inverse is almost always true: an employee that is talked down to, unappreciated, and used as parking for the company bus will almost always count the minutes on a clock until their freedom and do the absolute minimum to avoid getting fired.
Employers should remember to say “Thank You” and say it often. It’s so simple, and free, and yet so few employers understand the value of feeling valued.
Being a business owner and teacher I am constantly thanking my employees and students, for their work (which I didn’t have to do) and for trying their best. I am thankful and happy with the return on my investment.